Today I have a recipe for you all. These are super delicious dark Chocolate Muffins with dried apricots. It is perfect for the colder seasons, but works for me at any time of the year. They are more dense, so they fill you straight up!
Feel free to add in some nuts and dried fruits of your choice!
Spiced Chocolate Muffins with dried Apricots
I N G R E D I E N T S
230g ( 1 + 1/4 cup) Spelt Flour
80g ( 1/3 cup) Hazelnut Meal
15g (1 Tbs) Erythrit (or any other refined sugar substitute, such as Agave Syrup)
30g (2 Tbs) Cocoa powder
1 Tbs Cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp Cloves
1 tsp Nutmeg
a Pinch of Salt
8 dried apricots, cut into little pieces
30g (2 Tbs) Coconut Oil
1 Tbs Honey
add walnuts and raisins as well
M E T H O D
1. Preheat the oven to 175C degrees (350 fahrenheit).
2. Start by adding the melted coconut oil to the Erythrit Sugar. Add the eggs one by one. Mix until combined. Add in the honey,
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, hazelnut meal, baking powder, cocoa power and the spices until combined.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet. Mix until the batter is smooth and evenly combined. Now add in the dried apricots and nuts of your choice.
5. Pour batter into the muffin cups.
6. Bake the muffins for 35-40min in the oven. Test if the muffins are fully cooked, by sticking a toothpick in the center. If it does not come out clean, continue to bake another 5-10 minutes.
7. Take the muffins out of the oven and let them cool before serving.
8. Enjoy with some apricot jam.
If you remake this recipe, please tag me, so I can appreciate your work! I would love to see it!
Much love x